Seven Year Hitch
If you really want to get the best possible night’s sleep so you look and feel at your best, The Sleep Council recommends you start to think about replacing your bed after seven years.
“A mattress that looks OK, may not actually be OK, that’s the hitch.”
Even after seven years, your bed may look okay but it may not be giving you the support or comfort you need for a healthy, refreshing night’s sleep.
Here’s just some of the reasons why:
- A study by The Furniture Industry Research Association (FIRA) showed beds that were just six years old were much less comfortable than a new one.
- Top sleep expert Dr Chris Idzikowski found buying a new bed could be more effective than sleeping tablets!
- French scientists compared sleep on a new bed versus an old bed and found people enjoyed much better quality sleep with less tossing and turning.
- Yuk! On average we lose half a pint of fluid each night and shed a pound of dead skin cells a year. No wonder asthma-triggering dust mites love our mattresses.
- In America, back pain sufferers reported a 63% improvement after sleeping on a new bed (and 82% of back pain experts feel the right bed can help sufferers).
You can also download the iPhone App, play ‘Detective’ and report a friend – who is in dire need of a good night’s sleep – to the Sleep Patrol.